The Art of Caring
From Bill Cheng:
When I was born, I only weighed a little more than a pound. The doctor said that it would be a miracle if I lived. When I was learning to walk, the doctor said that it would be a miracle if I could traverse stairs on my own.
Even today, as I still struggle with fine motor coordination and walking, my own perseverance and the aid of others has set me down the path to defeating these difficulties. Second by second, minute by minute, and day by day, my peers and I face the same school struggles and overcome them with the power of teamwork.
I hope that the lessons I have learned from the stories of those around me and the compassion of those who have made my life’s journey special can assist in making yours brighter too. Thanks for watching!
Presentation Feb. 11 2017 at Saratoga and March 4 at Cupertino
Bill Cheng, a junior at Monta Vista High school.
- August 20, 2016 - Bayecho Teens Speak Out: “Student Leadership”, World Journal Presentation, Culture Center of TECO.
- March 6, 2016 - Bayecho Teens Face to Face Panel Discussion, ” Stress and Time Management”, Home of Christ 6, Newark.
- January 30, 2016 - Bayecho Teens Face to Face Panel Discussion, ” Personal Relationships”, SpringLight Education Institute, San Jose
- December 8, 2015 - Bayecho Teens Speak Out: “Growth and Motivation", Cupertino Highschool, Cupertino
- August 22, 2015 - Bayecho Teens Speak Out: “Personal Growth”, World Journal Presentation, Culture Center of TECO.
- August 1, 2015 - Bayecho Teens Speak Out: “Mental Health”, Home of Christ Church, Saratoga
- March 21, 2015 - Bayecho Teens Speak Out: “Video Game”, Home of Christ Church, Saratoga
- June 30, 2014 - Bayecho Contest: "Parent Appreciation Essay Contest", SpringLight Education Institute, San Jose
- December 20, 2013 - BayEcho Music Group-String quartet and vocals at Los Altos' Annual Senior Holiday luncheon at the Lost Altos Community Center
- May 26, 2013 - BayEcho Teens Speak Out/CPAA Youth Performing Group: Music and Me, 6148 Bollinger Road, San Jose
- April 20,2013 - BayEcho Teens Speak Out-Communication between Parents and Teens, "Trust is the Key, Love is the Way," Leland High School
- April 13, 2013 - BayEcho Teens Speak Out: School Life, Social Life, and Family Life, Sprinc Camp, Santa Cruz
- February 2, 2013 - BayEcho Teens Speak Out: Social Media, Video Games, and the Internet, Fourth Home of Christ Church, Cupertino
- October 23, 2012 - BayEcho Teens Speak Out: Social Media, Video Games, and the Internet, Lynbrook High School, San Jose
- September 15, 2012 - BayEcho Teens Speak Out: "The 6 A's," World Journal Presentation, Santa Clara Convention Center
- March 24, 2012 - The BayEcho team held a seminar on Social Media at the Home Church, Campbell
- August 20, 2011 - The BayEcho team presents their findings at the 4th Home of Christ, Cupertino
- July 13, 2011 - The BayEcho bloggers participated in the Cold Dish Contest
- July 15, 2011 - BayEcho invited Psychiatrist, Mr. Pan Yu, to talk about children's addiction to cyberspace at Milpitas Library
- June 11, 2011 - BayEcho Association presented their 1st presentation again at Redwood City
- June 4, 2011 - The BayEcho team holds another seminar -The High School Dash(Leadership, Science, Art, Video Games, Community Services, Social Life/Relationships), Palo Alto